Pages

Thursday 23 September 2021

Writing - Taha Hinengaro (Thursday W9, T3)

 Te Whare Tapa Wha


Te Whare Tapa Wha is a concept we talk about a lot.

They are the 4 pillars of healthy living - Your physical (taha tinana), your mental (taha hinengaro), your spiritual (taha wairua), and your family/social (taha whanau) wellbeing.



Today we will be focusing on our Taha Hinengaro - Our mental wellbeing.


Today you will be focusing on EXPLANATORY WRITING



Explanatory Writing

“Hi, my name is Emilio. This lockdown has been really tough. I find myself feeling lazy, and sad a lot of the time. What are some ways I can cheer myself up during lockdown?”


Your task for this piece of writing is to write at least 2 PEEL paragraphs giving Emilio advice on how to look after their mental health during lockdown.


You will need to give at least 2 different pieces of advice, and explain to Emilio how they could go about doing that.


Remember for explanatory writing:


  • You have organised your ideas into separate paragraphs

  • Your advice is clear, and straightforward - no maybe’s







PLANNING


Begins on next page







Paragraph One

Paragraph Two

POINT

(One sentence - what should they do?)

Hi my name is Aniqua this lock down has been tough i find myself lazy hungry all the time and hard working  

POINT

(One sentence - what should they do?)

Once it was level 3 I was excited to go outside somewhere like the beach or something like that.

EXPLANATION:

(Two sentences - what do you mean by that?)

What I mean by that Is i hate staying at home and I just really wanna  go outside. 

EXPLANATION:

(Two sentences - what do you mean by that?)

And maybe get some mcdonald’s kfc as well and eat out somewhere.

EXAMPLE: 

(One or two sentences - 

What does this look like?)

When it raining it's cold and i don't wanna be outside but when its sunny i really wanna be outside 

EXAMPLE: 

(One or two sentences - 

What does this look like?)

When we go to a place it's a rainy or sunny day. I hate the rain but love the sun.  

LINK:

(One sentence - Why will this make them feel better?)

I would really be happy if i could go outside because so i can relax in the sun and be in fresh air 

LINK:

(One sentence - Why will this make them feel better?)

Do you know what makes me happy? It's food or playing board games with my family.



Begin your paragraph writing here:Hi my name is Aniqua this lock down has been tough. I find myself lazy, hungry all the time and hard working.What I mean by that Is i hate staying at home and I just really wanna  go outside.When it raining it's cold and i don't wanna be outside but when its sunny i really wanna be outside.I would really be happy if i could go outside because so i can relax in the sun and be in fresh air.








Once it was level 3 I was excited to go outside somewhere like the beach or something like that.And maybe get some mcdonald’s kfc as well and eat out somewhere.When we go to a place it's a rainy or sunny day which i hate the rain but love the sun. Do you know what makes me happy? It's food or playing board games with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.